Sunday, March 11, 2007

Carnie : Embryonic Entities as Codes, Discourses and Anatomy

From: ANDREW CARNIE
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:36:25 -0000

I had a spell before my dialogues with scientists of making work related to scientific imaging. I had spent a couple of years previously studying zoology before moving into the arts. Among the images I made was this work called ‘Twins’. It’s reference point for me was the embryo, or two embryos in fact. ‘Twins’ never courted any negative response though I think in many ways I thought it quite disquieting. The work is a photograph of two slices of bacon.

Twins. 1994 Duratran. 36 inches by 48 inches. Photograph by Andrew Carnie

Andrew Carnie

Artist and Lecturer


Winchester School of Art


Southampton University

Web site http://www.andrewcarnie.co.uk/

No comments: